Saturday, October 15, 2005

Socks on the brain

Ok I spent WAY too much money on yarn and knitting supplies the past week. What I did not get was anything to knit socks with. I keep thinking about socks socks socks socks! Maybe because it is fall who knows. The only pair of socks I have ever knit were for my toddler and they turned out horribly! I want to take a sock class. There is a knit shop here in Burien called Olivia's Yarn Shop. Anyone been there? They do have a sock class I am thinking of taking maybe next month. Has anyone attempted socks without taking a class? It is the whole heel thing that was throwing me off before. However, I am a much more experienced knitter now. Maybe I should just find a pattern and attempt a pair. I just keep thinking of cozy warm socks for fall and winter. After I finish Riley's poncho I was going to start on a cute bag that was in Rowan #35. I am a little nervous as it changes colors often. I figure I have pretty much taught myself knitting thus far so I can tackle this. Then fabric is hand sewn into the inside of the bag. I have some really beautiful batik fabric that I hope will work. If not I have some black toille I might use.

1 comment:

tysurfer said...

Wow, I really like your site here! Found it and thought it was great when I was searching through blogs. I bookmarked your site and told a friend, really hope you don't mind.
(Anyone on this blog should post a comment and come back often!)
I also have a site if you or anyone is interested in free Kissing Tips or great techniques for Making Out.
It's a very useful resource for learning How to Kiss better if you're into romance and dating.
Great work on this blog here, and keep up the good work!

Tyler - to check out my kissing and dating site click romance kissing