Sunday, October 09, 2005

Yarn Pilgrimage

I had the best time today! Well actually yesterday (I am up at 4:30 am on Sunday now with an upset stomach argh!). A friend and I went around the Seattle area to a few yarn shops just dinking around. I learned that there is a lot to knitting that I don't know. For instance I had no idea about the yarn winder thingy LOL! I of course spent way to much money but I am going to churn out a few very cute items for the kids. Where did we go and what did I get? First we hit Hilltop Yarns in Bellevue. What a beautiful place. The store layout was great, beautiful yarn, and love how they color cooridinate the displays. I got a Fiber Trends pumpkin hat pattern and some orange colored Cascade 220 (friend let me borrow some of her green for the brim). They also have two baskets full of free patterns (2 with purchase). So I got a baby sweater pattern and a cute animal pattern. Then we headed down to the U-District. We went to U-Village for lunch ate at this yummy noodle place (can't remember the name). Putzed around there for a bit. Picked up some Hanna Anderson moccassins for my son. I have been eyeing these since my 2 year old was born. So after a few hours at U-Village we headed to the Acorn Street yarn shop. Small shop but packed as full as it can be. So my friend said and she was right! While there I picked up a cute ponco pattern for my 2 year old. A sweater for my infant son and the yarn to go with both patterns, needles, and a measuring tape. After giving Jake a snack and chatting when we got back in the car we were pooped and just headed home. It ended up being about 8 hours of shopping fun at that point. So I got home and started on the cute pumpkin hat. I should finish today later after I got back to bed and sleep some more. I will post pictures when it is done. I am thinking of making a matching pumpkin hat for my daughter. They can wear them to the pumpkin patch next weekend. Happy knitting!

No comments: