Tuesday, December 13, 2005

100 Things About Me

I keep seeing these so I figure I will do one for myself. Yes I am at work with nothing to do : ) Ok there is no rhyme or reason to this either. It is pretty random as I think of them. 1. Both of my biological parents are twins. 2. My daughter has a twin that I miscarried early on in my pregnancy we named him/her Hunter 3. I was born and raised in Seattle, WA. 4. When I had my son at Swedish Hospital I actually stayed on room next to the one my mom was in when she had me. 5. I went to WSU for 2 years Go Cougs! 6. I almost drowned while at CYO camp when I was nine. 7. I am Roman Catholic. 8. I met my husband at a bar on St. Patrick's Day. 9. We were married the next year. 10. We had Riley (our daughter) 11 days before our first anniversary. 11. I swear I have seen my guardian angel. 12. I was born on June 29, 1978 13. I used to work with a girl who had the same birthday. 14. I have a half-brother. 15. I also went to UW for a year or so. 16. I graduated from Seattle Central Community College with a graphic/web design degree. 17. I didn't go to my graduation ceremony because I was 9 months pregnant and couldn't afford the cap and gown. I wish I would have gone. 18. My mom left my bio-dad when I was 1 because he was highly abusive. 19. I was the flower girl in my mom's second wedding to my step-dad. 20. I went to the same highschool as my husband although we didn't know eachother then. 21. I also grew up 6 blocks away from my husband. 22. I was named after Abraham's wife Sarah. 23. I guess I am related to Mark Twain in some distant way through marriage. 24. I went to disneyland when I was 8 and then again for my honeymoon. 25. I am a redhead and married one and we have redhead kids. 26. My aunts dog bit me when I was a toddler and I have a scar on my face still. 27. My childhood pet Mittens the cat died when I was 23. She was 15. That was very hard. 28. I was raped when I was 20. At a party. I drank too much and he knew it. 29. My favorite colors are Aphid Green and Orange. 30. I live in a very small house in Burien. 31. I have two dogs Bob and Bella. They are black lab mixes. 32. I am still very good friends with a friend I met in college almost 10 years ago. 33. I have had one cesarian I was trying for a natural childbirth 34. I had two golf ball sized lumps removed from my left breast in November benign YES! 35. I basically taught myself to knit from an old book my mom has. 36. I am a very big proponent of breastfeeding. 37. I am still (yes still) breastfeeding my 2 1/2 year old daughter AND my 5 month old son mostly from one breast. 38. I love WOOL YARN! 39. My son was 10lbs 6 oz at birth. 40. My daughter was 7lbs 7oz. 41. My aunt (mother's twin sister) thinks I am minipulative. 42. I want to be a doula or a midwife someday. 43. I also want to be a La Leche League leader. 44. My first job was at Mc Donald's 45. I actually lost weight when I worked at Mc Donald's 46. I need to lose 100 pounds 47. I used to think I was fat in Highschool when I was a size 9. 48. I love soccer. 49. I haven't played soccer competitively in about 6 years. I miss it. 50. I was on the gymnastics team in High School. 51. I tore both of my quad muscles in High School. That hurts. 52. I had ankle surgery when I was 16 to remove a bone chip. 53. When I was a kid I wanted to be an artist. 54. I also wanted to be an opera singer. 55. I am tone deaf. 56. My favorite holiday is Easter. 57. I cry at baptisms. 58. My favorite movie is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 59. Favorite book: Memoirs of a Geisha. 60. Favorite Food: Thai. 61. I re-met my bio-dad when I was 17 and not living with my mom. 62. 5 years later he was out of my life. 63. I won an art contest when I was in third grade. 64. My second grade teacher told my mom I needed counseling because I was having "social" problems. Turns out I just didn't like any of my classmates. 65. I had my first kiss in 7th grade. What an awkward moment. 66. I lost my virginity at 15. 67. I want to have one more child but I am scared of having another cesarean and do not want another cesarian but VBAC in Washington state is a fight to get. 68. I am highly clostraphobic. 69. I get nervous riding in elevators. 70. I went to Catholic grade school. 71. I am an oldest child (who married a youngest child) 72. I took German in college 73. I am mostly of Norwegian heritage. 74. I am allergic to percocet. 75. I love anything French although I have never been to France. 76. I am growing my hair out to donate it. I have 2 more inches to go. 77. I have never had hair this long in my entire life. 78. I once had VERY short hair only an inch long. 79. Yes I voted for George W. Bush and I don't regret it. 80. I consider myself mostly republican. 81. Oddly enough I think Bill Clinton was a great president. 82. I have never liked my body. 83. I have a 98 year old great-grandmother 84. I have really cool eyes. They match my hair. 85. I am afraid to fly in a plane 86. I have only visited 7 of our 51 states and British Columbia, Canada. 87. I wanted to be an anthropologist when I was at WSU. 88. I regret leaving WSU to be closer to my highschool sweetheart. 89. My HS sweetheart broke up with me on my 20th birthday and broke my heart. 90. I am so thankful that he broke my heart. 91. I still have my appendix. 92. I have very large breasts (G) 93. I snore very loudly when I am pregnant or sick. 94. I am an Art History buff. 95. I have had 3 last names in my lifetime. 96. I have been in one play I was in the fifth grade 97. I enjoy knitting because I feel it is the one thing I am good at. 98. I am my own worst critic. 99. I love oil painting. 100. I want to own a yarn shop some day.

1 comment:

kim said...

Hey...thanks for the shout-out...It makes my day when I can help someone out! Very cool list. I love reading people's lists...it's like the Reader's Digest version of their life.

A thought on your sweater...check out the Knitty article archive, there's an awesome article on short-row shaping for the bust area (http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/FEATbonnetric.html) It's something that I do on all of my sweaters, and it really helps with the fit. Since the button band is put on after, and you have to do all that measuring for button placement, it shouldn't be a problem (as in, if the button holes were worked at the same time as the sweater front was done, it would throw off the placement). Just a thought.