Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionaire Answers

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? I prefer natural fibers but I am not snobby when it comes to gifts. I love knitting so much I will take what I get :) However, if I am buying myself something I will choose a natural fiber first. Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Actually no. I did get some older Red Heart from my mom to practice a few socks. 2. Do you spin? Crochet? No but I have been thinking of taking up crocet but will it take away from my knitting time? :) 3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I got a cheap Art Bin case from Joann's and then I made a simple needle case out of fabric. 4. How long have you been knitting? I started Knitting when I was pregnant with my son in 2004. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Even though I am a fairly new knitter I consider myself to be advanced. I understand knitting and I can pretty much figure out any pattern that is put in front of me. Although....I have yet to tackle an adult sweater. 5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No I don't but maybe I should start one :) 6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Lavender 7. Do you have a sweet tooth? yes! Favorite candy? I like anything with peanut butter and chocolate although I am boycotting Nestle products. 8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to sew. I make my children clothes and I used to sew cloth diapers. I would like to take up oil painting again but my small house does not provide a good work space. I am also starting to take up quilting. 9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Norah Jones, Metallica, Pearl Jam, I really like Owl & Thistle and any music like that. I am really into Kelly Clarkson for some reason (LOVE her right now), Cranberries, Sarah McLachlan 10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE aphid green and orange :) 11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my husband and my two children who are 2 and 6 months. We have 2 black labs. We live in a house in Burien, WA (just south of Seattle) and we have a HUGE backyard. 12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes I would wear them I just need to make myself some :) 13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love wool. Soft wool. I also love cotton. Heck I love a lot of stuff :) 14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Anything that is scratchy. I have some really scratchy wool that I just need to get rid of. Also I tried knitting with ribbon and I just did not like it. I am not a super big fan of mohair either. 15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? uhhhh knitting :) Actually I am dying to make Mariah off of knitty's website but I need to find some yarn to make it in. Someone suggested going to knit picks. Mariah Kate 16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like short projects usually. Whimsical things. I made pumkin hats for my children that were really fun. 17. What are you knitting right now? I am knitting a multidirectional scarf made out of bamboo yarn. 18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!!!! 19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular or short straights. 20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo all the way. 21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No. 22. How did you learn to knit? My mom taught me when I was 9 and I made a garter stitch blanket for my cat. Then I picked it up again in 2004 and I have been knitting like crazy ever since. I teach myself from books and if I am really stumped I got to knittinghelp.com and look at an online video. 23. How old is your oldest UFO? 9 months 24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I really don't have one at all. Anything disney I guess.

Oh my gosh I almost forgot I am in LOVE with anything ladybug. I even have a ladybut tattoo on my leg.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Easter. 26. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn :) Ladybugs 27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None. 28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Anything! 29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would really like to make my 2 year old a fair isle sweater. 30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes! I have just started sock knitting and I love it! I wear a size 8.5 US shoe. 31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 29th

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, they matched us up really well! I have a two year old, I breastfeed (still), I boycott Nestle... I've been knitting a little longer than you, and we have a LOT in common. This is going to be a lot of fun, as I can work on the 'if I like it she will' principle pretty much! :D