Saturday, February 11, 2006

Let the games begin!

I started knitting my entry for the 2006 Winter Knitting Olympics. I am knitting Shadir from Knitty's breast cancer issue. I decided on this because. 1. It has cables and I have not attempted cables yet. 2. It follows a chart and I have not knit from a chart yet. 3. I had a lumpectomy in November. Thankfully my large pair of golfball sized lumps were benign but it was still a very scary time in my life. I thought knitting something breast cancer related would be fitting. Not too many big plans this weekend except for knitting....maybe some cleaning. Everyone in my house has the worst cold ever. Hubby hasn't gotten it yet and I am holding it at bay with airborne but two kids under the age of 3 with a bad cold isn't the funnest thing. : ) I have had to miss two baby showers this week. Yes the O Canada hat and Miss Dashwood did not get to make an appearance : ( My parents leave for a Mexican cruise today...me jealous? NO! Well back to knitting. I will post my progress later after I start some of the cabling.

No comments: