Sunday, February 19, 2006

Oh Sweet Fiber

I am so upset! My camera card is full and I cannot find the card reader to dump some pictures and take a new one of the BEAUTIFUL fiber I got yesterday.

Katie who watches my children during the day while my husband and I work, (I can't even call her my day care provider because she is much more like a day time mother to them she is great!). Karen and I have wanted to learn how to spin and Katie said she would teach us. Katie is a very talented fiber artist and clothing designer (you can actually check out some of her stuff and mine that she will be consigning at the March I Heart Rummage sale.) So her family was visiting her this weekend, they work on the Pomeroy Living History farm, and her mother brought up some drop spindles that her father makes and some fiber. Oh sweet fiber. It is so beautiful and it is just over across the room taunting me! I want to just pull it out of the bag and practice but I haven't the slightest clue what I am doing and I don't want to ruin it.

I had SNB over at my house yesterday. Very fun and busy. I worked some more on Shadir. Made another mistake but I am NOT going to take it out again. Also Riley's sitter from Trinity (where I used to work) came over. She brought some cool gifts from her visit to Africa. Riley just loves her hand made wooden animal toys.

My husband was supposed to go get a camper off of craigslist for the second weekend in a row! This guy is pissing me off what a flake! "Oh i will call you when I get back from ________" ......still no call.

My parents also came back from their wonderful Mexico cruise last night. We will see them today.

AND! We are getting out of the city next weekend! We will be going to Port Angeles to hang out at my grandparent's house. I can't wait. Hopefully I can talk my grandma into visiting some cute yarn shops while we are there.

No comments: