Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-Changes!

Some people just can't handle change!

RANT COMING!!!!!!......................now!

So I work in the composition/design department for a printing company. My supervisor who runs basically all of production up here and down in the pressroom asked if I would like to work the second shift if they started it. I JUMPED at the chance. It would mean I would get to stay home with the kids during the day and work when no one was around to bother me and I can work faster that way. So my husband went to his work to see if he could work early so I could work late, thus saving on childcare. My husband changed his schedule (which was a big deal) we told our sitter and paid her for her time and I started working my new shift on Monday.

I am supposed to come in at 1pm and work until my work is done or 8 hours. So I mentioned that until I found someone to come in those few hours when my husband and I will both be working that I would be coming in when he got home roughly 3pm.

Well the head honcho above my boss is FREAKING OUT! He said he never approved me to even come in at 1pm! He said 10 or 11 at the LATEST! I told him that my boss said that they talked about it and everything was A-OK! UGH! This is not freaking funny!

First, we totally adjusted our life which was working out (other than I missed the kids during the day) to go to this new schedule (which I LOVE)

Second, someone lied to me.....not cool!

Third, do you know how hard it is to find someone who wants to come to your house to watch two kids for just 3 hours at the most for $8 to $10 an hour? very hard.

All of my co-workers agree that they are all fine with it. Even my immediate supervisor. I also talked to my clients and they are fine with it too. So what is the big deal?

I even told the head honcho that ummmm on monday I was only here for 5 hours, yesterday for 7 and I am not behind in my work AND I even did some work for a co-worker. WTF??????????

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Just remember, people are stupid. They are especially spupid if you want to do something that, say, umm, makes sense and saves time and or money. Hope it all works out for you in the end.