Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I did it again!

I signed up for Secret Pal 8. I didn't think I was going to but then remembered that my birthday falls during this round so I signed up. Here are my questionairre answers.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? my absolute favorite thus far is Rowan Cashsoft. I like any type of soft wool or wool blend. LOVE cottons. Basically any natural fiber I like. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? fun fir type of stuff or acrylicy fringy stuff. Stuff with metallicy fibers that are all crazy like. I am not a HUGE fan of acrylic. I notice more and more I am becoming a snob when it comes to yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have an art bin type of zip up case for some and some are in a zippered bag and the others just float around my knitting bag.

3. How long have you been knitting? about 2 years Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? See Sidebar ------->

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) lavender, vanilla, light flowery scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? YES! Favorite candy? Anything that is chocolate and peanut butter and NOT Nestle. Nestle is the devil.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to sew. I am interested in crochet. I also like to garden. I have started messing around with making stitch markers out of sculpey. Do you spin? I am learning how to use a drop spindle.

8. What kind of music do you like? Pearl Jam, Owl & Thistle, Norah Jones, Metallica Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? yes

9. What's your favorite color? Orange and Aphid green. I love blue and orange together. Any colors you just can't stand? nope

10. What is your family situation? I live in a home that I own with my husband and our two children who will be 3 and one this summer. Do you have any pets? Yes we have two black labs a boy and a girl

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes to all except poncho I think I look fat in them. I am heavy and I am well endowed in the chest region so I don't think poncho's look good on me for those reasons. Just like if I wear a scarf it needs to be wide otherwise a small scarf looks even smaller next to my chest.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now I really love socks. I love making socks for my toddler they knit up so fast.

13. What are you knitting right now? Suprisingly a pair of socks!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular

Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? addys I also use bamboo a lot

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No hope to have one soon.

17. How did you learn to knit? I was taught at nine then re-taught myself from a book and online these past two years.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? 4 months or so. I started Clapotis and put it down to do other things.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Don't really have one. I like the fourth of july. Christmas is fun. I usually LOVE easter.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Ladybugs and yarn

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Big Girl Knits, One Skein, any book on socks. I really really really want a book on norwegian knitting.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I am going to try my hand at fair isle soon. Some Norwegian type pattern.

23. Are you a sock knitter? YES! What are your foot measurements? size 8 1/2 to 9 womens.

24. When is your birthday? June 29th

No comments: