Sunday, June 04, 2006

Purchase and Score!

Went to I Heart Rummage today with Karen. It was the last one until the fall. There are some pretty cool buys there. I didn't spend a whole lot. Found some cute button magnets and some buttons to wear and that was it. I was saving my money to purchase yarn for a very special baby that is cooking right now.

In the left in the picture is my local freecycle score. I actually got a lot more than that but that is all I am keeping. It is about 10 or so skeins of old mercerized cotton and all the same dye lot too! I was searching for yarn today to make a Bolero pattern for Riley and I am glad I didn't buy anything I think this will work.

To the left is the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran that I bought for a very special baby gift for a very special baby. I don't think I will be posting progress for this special gift as I know my very dear friend of almost 10 years reads this blog. So I will have to take pictures then just post after I give her this gift *wink*. What I will say is that I don't know yet if this will be a boy or a girl but I just found the cutest thing to make and had to get going on it. This color is a very nice steely blue. (Is steely a word?) Grey blue? You know what I mean? Anyway it isn't too masculine for a girl and isn't too girlish for a boy. I hope she likes!

No comments: