Friday, September 22, 2006

Yarn Booty!

I went to my LYS on Wednesday night and left with a bunch of booty! Yeah baby! Pictured is yarn for the norwegian sweater I am going to make myself from Knit Picks I am waiting for the pattern to arrive. I was hoping to have it made for myself to wear on Christmas Day but I don't think that will happen. I chose Cascade 220 yarn because I am purposely going to make the sweater in a larger guage to fit me. The sales woman agreed it was a good idea ; )

They also had a beautiful collection of Kogiu yarn. This is yarn I would not normally buy so of course I snatched it up. My camera takes horrible indoor shots sorry! I am going to be taking this yarn with me to my local La Leche League conference next month and knit up some toe up socks for myself.

I also picked up some DMC thread to make some doilys for the MIL for xmas, more cascade for gloves for hubby, some cotton wool blend for more socks for me and not pictured are a few sets of small circs for sock knitting and other accessories!

I still have $30 to spend and $15 free with my punchcard! I am thinking I will raid the Kokiu again. It is sooooo pretty! There was also some beautiful chunky baby alpaca that would make a really nice scarf.

No comments: