Monday, November 06, 2006

Weekend in Portland

We headed to portland on Saturday. I visited two shops Lint and Knit Purl .

Lint was VERY cute! They had a good selection and lucky me had just gotten in a large sock yarn shipment. I ended up with some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Vera colorway. Very pretty. I also got some Lana Grossa Color Tweed in the 1001 colorway.

Lint also had some very cute tree decorations outside.

I actually didn't buy anything at Knit Purl. Now I wish I would have. They had some very neat looking sock yarn but it wasn't priced so I assumed it was outragously priced. Has anyone ever knit with Shibui Knits? Knit Purl also had a great selection of Kogiu. I am wishing I bought some now but it is so hard for me to spend $25 on one pair of socks.

Downtown Portland was interesting but very .... quiet. Nothing like downtown seattle. Visiting other cities just solidifies how much I really love this area and my city.

I did finish two projects on the car ride. I finished some MD washrags for my bro's gal and I made a Valentine Doily for my MIL. It was a really quick knit. It is blocking at my mom's house now. I will post pictures when it is done.

And of course I must end with a cute baby picture.

3 comments:

pseudobunny said...

ha! he looks like clinton! i can just hear the cute bebe snooooore!
lornas laces is like THE BEST
aloha

pseudobunny said...

and when i say he looks like clinton i mean that he looks as zonked out as clinton is when he sleeps...not that he resembles clinton...eek...sorry
that previous post was a one handed type
ack!

affectioknitter said...

Hi Sarah,

Just visiting your blog - it's very nice.

Thanks,

Teresa