Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Storm of the Decade!

Woo Hoo! Almost a week later I FINALLY have internet and phone service back at home. Here are some pictures of the wreckage from our neighborhood from last week's storm.

I don't know if you can see this but the top 20 feet or so of our fir tree is in our Hawthorne tree.

This tree is a block away from our house and what I am assuming is the cause of our power, phone, internet and cable being out. Oh and there is a car under there. This tree also took out two telephone poles and two others that stood are now crooked.

This tree is about 6 blocks away. Part of it is on a house.

There were more limbs and trees down in our neighborhood but these were a few of the big ones.

This one is in West Seattle. It took us over an hour to get to West Seattle from Burien last friday. We went looking for food because we heard on the radio that parts of West Seattle had power. There were a lot more trees down over that way.

Thankfully we survived. It was scarry during the night hearing the wind blow. This is definitely the worst storm I have seen in my lifetime being a lifelong Seattlite.

More crafty pictures later.

1 comment:

affectioknitter said...

Sarah,

I'm so sorry to hear about the storm - I hope you were spared most of the damage.

Teresa

PS I got the meme