Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Loot

Here is my loot from the past week. Had a good time at the sales yesterday with Karen.

Some beautiful green lace weight wool for me (left top). I was picturing the Icarus Shawl from Interweave Summer 2006.

Oh and the booklet in the back center. That is a wonderful gift from my grandmother from her stash. It is copywright in 1946. Thanks Grandma!

On the right top (sorry for the wonderful poorly lit picture. Gotta love winter morning light), I bought some Mountain Colors for a pair of socks with Paton's sock yarn for the heels and toes. I have never purchased Bearfoot yarn yet. I always covet it when I go to the yarn shops but never spend the money. Since I had a gift certificate I finally splurged and I am glad I did.

To the left middle is a skein of gorgeous Manos. Another yarn that I have never bought for myself with my own money. I am planning a My So Called Scarf out of this puppy.

I picked up some of the brown DK wool (center) for a sweater for Jake-O it was $2.50 off each skein at Acorn. A very nice wool, cashmere, silk blend. Yes I know I am silly for knitting a sweater for a toddler out of such nice hand wash yarn but it is so pretty!

Front left....TATTING! As if I didn't have a big enough knitting problem I am now going to take on a new craft. I start a tatting class in February at the Knittery.

In the front are Lorna's Laces. I am picturing a pair of Jaywalkers,, however, I am thinking I will do the toe up pattern to optimize my yarn usage.

And lastly but not least to the front right are two skeins of a wool silk blend. I am thinking a nice lace scarf for these. Maybe a stole or a nice small sized wrap. I have been looking for a pattern but I think I might peruse a few lace books and come up with something myself. I am very inspired by Grumperina's latest Lace Project.

RESOLUTIONS

Yes I have some. I have never really stuck to resolutions but this year I really thing I have some good resolutions that I should stick to.

~ Lose 80 pounds ~
Yes people a whopping 80 pounds. I have been overweight through the better part of my 20's and being that I am turning 29 this year I think enough is enough. I want to be able to run around with my children and play with them on the floor. Yes I want to be a MILF. There you have it. Paul and I joined a gym and we are doing it together.

~ Stick to the stash ~
This one will probably be the hardest of all. In our goal to be debt free I think I should be strong and just knit from my stash and not spend extra money on yarn. I have a decent sized stash now to where I believe I can knit a year's worth of projects from my stash. (Remember people I still have over $50 worth of gift certificate money to spend so don't get on me when you see some new yarn it will be from that money I promise!)

~ Work on the Marriage ~
I believe this was one of my resolutions from last year. I am serious now. I really think I need to work on getting the love back in my marriage. I love my husband dearly but I think we are getting too comfortable. The past few years we have been focussing on important things (buying a home, working hard to pay off debt, raising and having babies, getting promotions), now I think we need to focus on the most important thing that we have been missing and that is each other.

~ Pay off our debt ~
I think this will be the year that we pay off all of our extra debt and bills. I am seriously cutting my extra spending and I think we can do this. I think it is only around $4,000 now which is totally doable.

Well there you have it! Happy New Year all. Back to work for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all GREAT resolutions and I really want to help you achieve them!! Love Paul

GamecockDoc said...

Great loot. The Lorna's Laces is awesome.
Good luck with your resolutionsl they are all good ones. I'm aiming to lose 80 pounds too. Seems impossible; one lb at a time I guess.

pseudobunny said...

Happy Knit Year!!!!!
phew!
Can you believe it is 2007!
ACK!!!!
And let me tell you- my resolution is to get a VW Bus and camp our way up north and finally meet you!!!!HAhhhahahaha- the men would hate it! We would say hello, whip out the sticks and knit our way into blissful knitland....The kids would cry...ah...you get the idea!
HAPPY HAPPY RABBIT !!!!