Monday, May 28, 2007

Disclaimer

First thank you bloggers who care to post about my recent non-employment :).

I guess technically since my "notice" went something like this

"I will no longer be available to work days as of june 29th. Since it has been brought to my attention that I do not fit into the culture of _______ I will understand if afternoon hours are not available to me"

Now I had expected someone in management to discuss this with me. I figured they needed to pow-wow before they got back to me. In this time my husband and I decided that I would just say when I came back from the holiday weekend that I can't work afternoon's either but they beat me to the punch and fired me. I know my head was on the chopping block anyway and since no one discussed my change of schedule I had a feeling they were going to let me go. Of course now I wish I would have listened to my husband and just went ahead and quit period.

So "technically" that was not "official" notice because I said I was still available for some hours. Yes it sucks, working for other people pretty much sucks thankfully I am my own boss now.

1 comment:

Sachi said...

Yay! But what was the reason they gave you for firing you? Could it have been considered a "lay off"? I'm sure you know what I'm getting at.