Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Tour Loot


I am very tired today

I went with a mission. Every yarn purchase would be for a specific project and I won!

Edited to add:
I realize that I didn't even say what I got or what it is for.
On Friday I hit the Yarn Stash in Burien (didn't buy anything) and one of my fave's the Yarn Gallery where I got the tatting book and a few thread varieties (not pictured) for tatting.

Sunday the first shop was Great Yarns where they were featuring a cute baby bootie pattern but I didn't want to spend $15 on the skein of yarn when I have stash yarn to use at home.

From Main Street Yarn in Mill Creek I got some very cute cotton to go with the baby hat that they were featuring. Then Let it Rain Yarn shop in Mukilteo where I picked up a great belt pattern made from bamboo yarn and of course the yarn to make it.

There was also Spin a Yarn in Edmonds. Lots of yarn mostly organized by color. I prefer by type. I didn't see anything I couldn't live without so I left there with just the free pattern.

Hit up Village Yarn where they had a great lace pattern.

Oh my gosh Weaving Works! I love this store. Why have I not gone there before? This is where i picked up the cone o cotton for hello! $6 come on! what a deal! I also picked up two skeins of Louet Gems sock yarn for striped socks. People rave about it and it is really soft so I will have to try it out.

The last stop was Fiber Gallery also another nice shop that I should visit more often just a bit out of my neighborhood. Here I picked up some Heilo that was on sale for baby sweaters and some white Fixation for socks for Paul.

3 comments:

Sachi said...

Holy effing moly!

Carrie said...

Nice loot!! I didn't make it ANYWHERE. Sounds like so much fun! I wanted to go to the shops on the south side that I never get to.. Kent, Renton, Burien, etc. Oh well, maybe next year.

amy said...

i wish i had hit more stores. but after a marathon of the stores down south friday along with churchmouse i didn't think i could handle it.

of course i woke up saturday wanting to do more, but didn't. :) Renaissance was my favorite new store i hadn't been too.