Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Question For You Knitters?????

Soooooooo

My daughter is having surgery in a week and a half! Wow I just realized this was sneaking up on us. So her surgery is only 2 hours but.... she will be in the hospital at least two days. I am going to be staying in the hospital with her in her room.

I am thinking about items to keep us both busy. Her list is easy but I am trying to think of what knitting projects I should bring while she is resting or watching DVDs.

Socks of course are easy but should I bring a bigger project? Will I get bored with socks? What if I run out of knitting? Will I die? Am I a bad mother for thinking of what to knit when I should be worried about my daughter?

I have always wanted to knit the Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits and I have the issue and the yarn maybe I should start that? From what I hear it is a fast easy knit maybe I could finish it in the time I am there? With my 3 doily projects that I did for christmas gifts I think I can handle that project.

I also have the yarn and pattern for the Knit Picks Telemark Ski Sweater but maybe that is too much of an extensive project to bring with me?

I am also working on a baby sweater maybe I should just bring that?

Help????

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I would take the shawl as well as some socks. Variety is good! Baby sweater might get too close to being finished (?) and I hate taking things that need finishing when you just want to knit!

I do think I'd start on the shawl first just to get past the first few rows and to make sure I have everything I need with it. I hate starting something and then figuring out I'm missing something or don't understand something!

Good luck :)