Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Toy!

Oh my gosh I can't tell you how EXCITED I am to have a BRAND NEW washer and dryer. Thank you Uncle Sam!

I have not been able to do laundry at home for I believe two months. Not that I don't like the laundromat by our house it is very nice and takes roughly 2 hours to do 10 loads of laundry if you can hoard machines but dragging kids and laundry everywhere SUCKS!

I am actually EXCITED to do laundry.

Riley Front

Riley had her uriter stint taken out on Thursday. It all went well other than her coming out of the anesthesia. That was rough and she got sick a lot but there were no leaks out of the surgery site and her kidney was draining as soon as it filled up which is good news as far as it's function.
I did get a lot of knitting done while I was waiting for Riley. I actually had a surgeon slip into the little room I was in waiting for riley to ask what I was working on (knitting two socks toe up at the same time on two circulars). She said she had attempted knitting and could appreciate the art of what I was doing. She also said what I was doing made being a surgeon seem easy. WHAT? I told her I would take that as a compliment.

I did finish a tunic shirt in 6-12 month size on Friday night and worked more on a pair of socks for myself. More pictures to come later. For now LAUNDRY!

3 comments:

pseudobunny said...

So damn jealous that you got a new washer and dryer. It is all i want. ARG!
We still have to drag our asses to the frakkin laundroomat.
ACK.

affectioknitter said...

Congratulations on the new washer and on Riley's surgery success...

pseudobunny said...

Sorry I am so lagging about checking in on your family...Glad to hear your daughter is doing well..I wonder if this is the same thing they thought Osky had. I will email you with questions.
I still dont have a w/d. Osky has fits right about the time i get the clothes in the dryer now. NO THANKS> I think I may sell my left eye to get one.. I can knit with one eye right?
ARG>