Saturday, April 05, 2008

Purchase!

I made a great purchase while at Little Knits today. I have everything I need to make great baby gifts for my friend's baby due in June.

Oh and I met a blog friend in person today. Hi Carrie! NOTE: I did not color correct the photos to match the true colors. The blue is not so in your face blue and the orange is more tangerine. And the DB colors are much lighter than are shown.


Mondial Merino Plus for the Garter Stitch Cardigan from Knitting For Baby (ravelry link) I am making the 6 month size. I figure the color combo will be good for the Christmas season.


The Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran is for baby hats. I was initially thinking newborn hats but then it was brought to my attention that I could knit a 6 month size pumpkin hat out of the dark green and orange. GREAT IDEA! and I will be doing that. Then with the slate color I will do a small newborn hat. I am thinking this pattern.


And lastly but definitely not least is the SUPER deal on Rowan Cotton Rope for Cargo (in orange)and the blue and orange for the Mossy Jacket. The thought was they would look cute together and then I can buy a cute onsie to go with and I think I might have enough yarn left over for a hat.....maybe.

Ok now the trick is finishing this all before the shower in May. I think I can do it. Mariah is feeling left out at the moment but she has to just sit and watch me marathon knit for this special guy.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hi!! That was so much fun. It's the little things, right? I'm still pining over sock yarn. I didn't even spot the cashmerino. Good thing, too.

Those are some excellent baby patterns.. LOVE the cargo trousers and that mossy sweater!!