Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Frogging We Will Go

Ok so I got some good advice from Liska on a Ravelry ugh! support group board. Her advice was to just frog the yoke and then take the arms back to where I need them and re-knit the yoke. I like this idea much more than cutting. I don't know what I was thinking. Desperate knitter brain I guess.

Well first the yoke seemed so long! Then upon further investigation I noticed that the back was 6 inches too wide! I know I am HUGE but not that HUGE! So I am going to frog the back as well.

*huge enourmous sigh*

Thankfully the front is ok and the arms are perfect around except for the length so I still have to frog those back a bit. I got pretty irritated last night looking at all my work going back into a ball.

There is a bright side to all of this I am SURE that when I am done I will have more than enough yarn to make Riley or Jake a sweater. I have had problems with Riley having a wool sensitivity in the past but only on her bare skin. So I am thinking of making Starsky Jr. I think this yarn would be great for this project! But maybe I should just do cables instead of the leaf pattern because then if Riley is super sensitive to it Jake can wear it?

Speaking of Riley I can't ever take a picture of anything without taking a picture of her. Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

OMG. Just catching up on blogs -- so sorry you've run into trouble! I know it's heartbreaking. It will be fantastic when it's done, right?! :)