Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birthday Party Success

I have to say I think this was our best party yet and the last big one for a long time. With Riley turning 5 we wanted her to have a great party and one that she would remember and say later in her life to her children "I remember my 5th birthday it was so great...."

Soooo..... we rented a pony. I know I know frivilous but hey look how cute she is. And Jake...oh my gosh Jake. He LOVES ponies and now he has gotten to ride one! There will be some day when we won't be able to celebrate the kids' birthday's together because they will probably protest but until then I love the joint party.

I know you all want to see pictures from the big day so here you go....and if you last to the end you can see the amazingly huge June Bug that we caught on our front door screen.

Our VERY excited children riding their rented birthday present.


Riley even got some love from Pepper the Pony.


Bob and Hermione have a new cousin that came to visit the party but he tired out very quickly.


And now what you all want to see the GYNORMOUS June Bug that came to visit us last night and was still in practically the same place this morning.
Daddy saves the day!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow that looks like fun! Nathan has been on a pony once -- he was simultaneously terrified and thrilled :)

affectioknit said...

What a sweet birthday present!

Happy Birthday!