Sunday, January 04, 2009

Searching for a name...


So I am delving into knit design. Above is a first try at a baby sweater design. The yarn is Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed that I picked up at Little Knits. Believe it or not this sweater took under one skein of yarn! This is roughly a 3-6 month size.

I am now writing down the pattern and editing some stiches but I still have NO CLUE what to name this sweater.

Also now that I am started I have a handful of baby sweater ideas in my head! Time for the knitting notebook.

In other news the snow is melted for the most part aside from a few melting piles still left on the side of the streets. I was so annoyed after days of snow being here. Not necessarily from the snow but the lack of the Northwest area having NO CLUE whatsoever on how to deal with it. I know I must be a glutton for punishment but it has been cold again with some precipitation and I am wanting more snow!

Oh in other news I had my hair cut. I told my mother-in-law to just chop it all off. It is now a little longer than jaw length and I LOVE IT!!! Also we took a HUGE leap and had Riley's hair cut too. I was so set on her having long hair because I just love her strawberry blonde color. But the poor girl has my fine tangly hair and every day when we would brush it out it was this huge ordeal. Riley said she was ok with it getting cut and I figured worse things could happen than having my 5 year old's hair cut and hey hair grows back right? It was so cute! My mother-in-law watched the kids while I had an eye appointment. She cut their hair while I was gone and then was going to cut mine when I got back. When I walked in the door I commented on how cute Riley's hair was and said I was getting my hair cut too and Riley says, "OH! Mommy! We are going to be hair twins!" How cute!

Warning the pictures below are web cam pictures and very horrible but just to give you an idear! OH! and today someone noticed that I had lost weight! I love that!



And just for comparison this is how Riley and I looked about month ago.

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Love the sweater - and the hair!

Carrie said...

Cute! Both the sweater and the hair! I love that hair grows back :)

Anonymous said...

Oscar. How about that for a name?

big geek beth