Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is That A Blanket...

Why yes it is a blanket. I bought the Sleepy Monkey blanket pattern today for a friend who is expecting a boy this summer.

Now at this point you are probably saying, "Sarah, are you sure that is a blanket? It looks more like a hat since you are knitting in the round." Well well well! That is part of the design! You knit the front and back panel color work in the round and then steek them. Ingenious yet I am nervous at the same time. There are instructions for knitting flat but I have done color work going from right to wrong side knitting and did not like it at all so I will gladly take the steeking.

I am changing the colors up too. This blanket will be blues, brown and cream. My friend and I LOVE brown and blue together. I am also subbing yarn. I got Cascade 220 superwash. I decided to just get yarn for the front and back panel then go back with the panels and then decide which colors to use for the edging.

I think it will definitely be a very fun very cute ride.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

That's adorable - I love that monkey!

Carrie said...

Umm.. you cut it in two places and that becomes the front and back? Clever!