Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Top For Riley



Well if Spring would ever actually make it to Seattle this would be a nice Spring top. I woke up to snow yet again this morning. It is March 15th for crying out loud... in Seattle!

I got this Katia Bamboo yarn from Little Knits. It took just 4 skeins (2 pink and not even 2 green). This pattern is Briar Rose from the 2007 Spring issue of Knitty. First I loathe seaming and there is a lot of seaming in this sweater. I followed the instructions for the arms and they came out pretty short. Which is ok they just look like they are supposed to be 3/4 length sleeves. The top is a bit short. I prefer longer tops on my daughter but it still turned out cute. I think I am going to re-do the collar though. It looks too large. When I initially did it per the instructions it was too tight so I picked up more stitches obviously too many.

I guess what matters most is that the recipient loves her top and is wearing it right now.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

SOOO CUTE!!!

Carrie said...

You know what I keep remembering? It snowed on April 18th last year. April!!

Cute top :)