Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend at the Lake

We had a nice time at the lake this weekend for the opening of fishing season. I never get a license because I am either monitoring children or just knitting or reading. The kids and Paul love fishing.



We took the dock extension out for a while and Jake was very very tired as seen below.

video


Here is Jake shortly after the video and moving him into a safer chair where he wouldn't topple over into the lake in a sleepy haze.



I also learned a valuable lesson...
After having your almost 4 year old son on a floating dock for over an hour sleeping. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT then feed him dinner after coming to shore then pack up and leave into a car trip around a winding road. He will get sick. I also learned that even though you don't have babies it is always a good idea to keep an extra towel, change of clothes and wet wipes always in the car for your children. Thankfully we had the extra clothes.

4 comments:

Fulay said...

I love Jake. :)

Bits & Pieces said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is Jake?! He even says, "cheese" for the camera when he is fighting off sleep. Love it!!

affectioknit said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Except the sick part...

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh that looks like fun! I haven't been fishing since I was a kid. I'd love to take my boys sometime, if I can remember how to do it and acquire the necessary equipment. Goodness. What lake did you go to?