Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day of First Grade



Riley had her first day of school on Wednesday. She loves her teacher and a few of her friends are in her new class. I think there are 4 first grade classes at her school! It seems like a lot then I think about how her class size is smaller and I am thankful. I don't think there are more than 30 children in the class if there are even that many.

On the first day we stood outside with her and walked with her to class with a few other parents. It was funny she was like "ok bye." I think we needed the walk MUCH more than she did.

I am a little smug about the people who chastised me for "coddling" her when she was a baby and nursing her for "too long" or for co-sleeping well into toddlerhood because she was going to be too clingy when she got older. To those people I say HA! She is one of the most independent children I know. :D

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Oh I definitely agree with you... Our big 6th grader was definitely 'coddled' and he's just about the most well balanced outgoing self assured (and loved at home) kid that I know of...

...I'm sure you did the right thing...