Thursday, December 17, 2009

4 more pounds!

I did have higher goals for this year as far as my weight loss goes. I have now realized that they were probably a bit too lofty with being a mother, wife, working from home and working part-time as well. However, with that said. I am now 4 pounds away from a weight loss of 40 pounds for 2009! I don't know how I did it but I lost 6 pounds over the last month and a half.

I don't have the feeling of pride very often but dammit I am so proud of myself. I still have 50 pounds to meet my weight goal. It has been so long since I have been this "thin". I am talking probably 3 years.

Ultimately at this point I would be happy fitting into my size 16 jeans that I have tucked away. What actually spurred this post is that I was looking for something to wear today and most of my pants are now too big so I was delving into my smaller pants and I can actually button some of them up! Granted I don't want to subject people to the uncomfortable spare tire hanging over but I can button them now!

So hopefully I can lose those 4 pounds in the next two weeks. My friend on the Wii says that 3 pounds every 2 weeks is healthy. Really it doesn't matter at this point. I am actually feeling better about my body every day which has not happened in a very very long time. Going to the gym is fun! How did that happen? Running on that treadmill watching cash cab and answering the questions out loud and possibly annoying the person next to me is my meditation for the day.

So I promise that on January 1, 2010 I will have Paul take a picture of me and I will find some old pictures for a little photo watch Sarah get smaller montage.

In knitting news, because that is how this blog actually got started, I did finish a slouchy hat, fingerless mitt combo out of Plymouth Tweed. I have been wearing them a lot in the cold weather we have been having in Seattle. I need to get photos of those too but we have been having a torrential downpour here the past few days. Plus by the time Paul or I get home it is dark out and I just hate taking pictures with indoor lighting. I am also trying to knit the kids socks before Christmas as presents. That can be done. I finished one sock for Jake in two nights of TV watching. I was working on the Braided Pullover out of Divine (the name does say it all). That could have been done by Christmas Eve mass but the kids ARE more important.

That is all for now. Wishing everyone a great day and a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Awesome - keep going! CONGRATULTIONS!

Chasing bugs to the Max said...

I am so happy for you and totally proud! Keep up the awesome work....you are a total inspiration!

mildawg said...

Congratulations! That sounds completely amazing.