Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Prayers Answered!

I can't believe that I didn't share this part of my life earlier. I am a HUGE believer in the power of prayer and if I feel that someone needs prayer I try to spread the word as much as I can.

Back in August my maternal grandmother was diagnosed with a very rapid growing lung cancer. Her doctor said it was probably from smoking even though she quit 30 years ago. I am very close with my grandmother and took the news very badly. Her doctor got her on a rigourous chemotherapy schedule which her body took to quite well.

Through her chemotheraphy there was a wonderful event (my brothers wedding) and a sad event (the passing of her mother). She is such a strong woman it is unbelievable. She has such a strong faith and has had such a positive attitude throughout this entire process so far. I have to say she looked very cute in the chemo hats I made for her too.

Onto the wonderful news. She got the news on New Year's Eve that she is officially in remission. Her tumor was gone. This is why I believe in prayer. She is so fortunate to have a cancer that reacted so well to chemo and the fact that it did not spread to any other parts of her body.

We are all very happy over here. :)

2 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

Woohoo!! PRAISE be to God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!!

emma said...

That is wonderful news.