Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Look what the kids cooked up...

The kids have been asking me every time they see me dye yarn if they can dye some. I got a good amount of yarn in last week to stock up my Etsy shop so I figured why not. I told each child to choose 4 colors and mixed them up, put them into ketchup squirters and let them have at it. I have to say it was hard for me to not lead them into the artistic direction I wanted.

Here is Riley's work. She wants to call hers Rainbow.



Here is Jake's yarn. He wants this to be called Rockstar.

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

WOW! they're both really pretty - good job!

mildawg said...

Wow! And they volunteered, too? That's great -- they did a fantastic job.

pseudobunny said...

I'm baaaaack.Again.
I like the rockstar. Purty!

Sheila Bennett said...

Wowzer - those yarns looks so pretty! Really love the Rainbow. :)