Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Summer Reading or Lack Thereof

Remember the stack of books I was going to get through this summer? It did not happen. I just was not feeling the reading vibe. I finished one book! ONE BOOK! To Kill a Mockingbird.

I had heard great things about this book. It was a good book but not the best book I have ever read. I can see why it is chosen as class assignments but I have read better. Although I am glad I can now say that I have read the book. I hate that there are so many classics that I have not read.

I am a few pages into The Catcher in the Rye and it looks pretty interesting so far. I have been a few pages into this book since August. I just can't get into reading. I love reading. What is wrong with me? Oh that's right. I am nesting. Like a mad woman. It all started when we pulled the baby clothes down from the attic. All 18 boxes of them. So I had to sort through them, get rid of the boy clothes and decide which girl clothes I wanted to keep. Then I needed to clear a space for them. Well the space I needed was holding my yarn so I needed to clean out our closet so the yarn could have a new place to live. Then of course I needed to clean off the top of Paul's dresser to store the diapers and have a changing area. Everything just spiraled from that project. Now I have done the hall closet, the linen closet, a very cluttered dining room and bins of junk that have just been sitting in random spots of our home. I have filled up our entry way 4 times now with items we no longer need and have removed them from our house. IT FEELS SO GOOD!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Awesome reads...when you have the time 'though...