Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First Snow

On Monday we had our first snow of the season. I would say in total our neighborhood got around 3 inches. I know it doesn't sound like much to people who are used to snow in winter but a few inches can shut the Seattle area down. Monday was my dad's birthday and it took the poor man 5 hours to get home. Thankfully he gets off of work at 2:30 and still came home in time to enjoy Paul's chicken and tortellini with cream sauce.



Yesterday we took the kids sledding. I am a bit slower than everyone else and due to my current condition I was sadly banned from sledding and put on picture duty. Paul said he could take the kids himself but I figured I could use the walk and the entertainment. Plus the sledding trip didn't last long with temperatures in the 20s and the wind chill. Riley also scraped her chin on the last ride down. She was pretty upset but I told her it really isn't a good sledding trip unless you get at least one scrape. Maybe she will appreciate my motherly wisdom later in life.



There is a big grassy park with a soft ball field about three blocks from our house. It is perfect for sledding because it is set down from the main street level which leaves lots of options open for where to sled. The park was really busy but we didn't have to wait for other people at all. We just chose our spot on one of the hills and the kids did their thing. Here Paul is walking back towards home after sledding down the hill for the last time. I walked along the street and had to snap a few pictures of them. I love how you can see Mount Rainier from here. I had to crop the picture and set it as my desktop background.



Speaking of views... this is the view I have when I look down. Hannah is steadily growing and I am very much looking forward to her arrival. I have hit the very uncomfortable last month of pregnancy. I notice that I feel better when I am not sitting down on the couch. I would much rather be standing or tailor sitting on the floor. My yoga ball has come in handy.

I am officially "full term" or 37 weeks on December 11th. While I don't predict labor to start early as both of my children were born one and two weeks late I would really LOVE for Hannah to decide otherwise.

No comments: