Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Saying Goodbye Again

My grandmother entered the kingdom of Heaven yesterday. While I am sad I will not see her again in this life I am thankful she is no longer in pain and in the glory of God. I am also thankful that she was able to meet Hannah while she was able to not be bedridden and on medication to ease her pain. My family was told she would most likely pass over this past weekend. They were not sure why she was hanging on until yesterday. I have a feeling she was waiting for a beautiful day. In the Northwest we have had a very wet and sunless spring. Finally yesterday the clouds went away and the sun was out and we were blessed with 70 degree heat. In my opinion is was the perfect day to leave.

During all of the heartache of the past two weeks we have had joyous occasions which I will need to post about separately as I think they deserve that. The night before we put Bob down we celebrated my parent's 25th wedding anniversary. They are a true example of what a loving dedicated marriage looks like. Also this past weekend Riley received her first communion which was a very special event. So I am thankful that God has given us joy to go along with the pain.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Oh Sarah...I'm so sorry for you and your family...May you find comfort in God's eternal promise...Blessings and Peace be with you...

thecraftypepper said...

What a sweet photo. I am sure you are cherishing your happy memories.