Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mmmmm Carrots!

We have been making a very slow venture into solid foods. I am in no rush to go gung-ho. Hannah is obviously thriving with breast milk alone. Yesterday at her 6 month checkup she weighed in at 15 pounds 12 ounces. Which was a two pound weight gain in just two months.

I love the idea of baby led weaning and following her cues to know what she is ready for. I am not too big on just giving rice or oat cereal first. At this point Hannah loves the food going into her mouth. She opens her mouth and chomps down like a pirrannah. Our only problem is that she will often gag as the food makes it's way down her throat. I think that she loves that I am giving her yummy steamed and pureed sweet carrots. Or maybe it is just another game for her.

Either way it sure does make for a good photo opportunity.

No comments: