Monday, August 22, 2011

I do to knit!

Life with three kids gets pretty busy. Especially in the summer. I have been trying very hard to be a good stay at home mom. However, with all the kids home all day my house gets messy behind me as I clean. In an effort to save money I have also started canning and preparing more meals at home and baking which takes up more time.

I was knitting mostly when Hannah would nurse which is very easy. Lately though Hannah is very very curious and moving and grabbing more as she nurses. I have had my needle pulled out of my work too many times now so knitting and nursing is going to have to be a thing of the past.

I did get time to knit up this little hat. It was so fast and easy. I found some 4-ply sock yarn and knit on US 4 needles in the round. I started it in the evening while watching TV and finished it the next night. This makes an EXCELLENT baby gift. Plus when you use self striping yarn it makes you look much more skilled. Most non-knitters don't realize you didn't need to switch yarn for each stripe. :)

While I started this blog almost 6 years ago to document my knitting journey. It has turned into so much more than that over the years. I am thinking it is time for a name change as my focus has more changed into taking care of these guys.

I have been wracking my brain over the past few weeks on a new name. It hasn't come to me yet. I will keep thinking...

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Cute rainbow-y hat!