Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer fun...

Today is the last day of summer break. The kids and myself are very excited. I think as summer winds down children get bored of being home in the same environment despite the park days and swim class.

The kids really improved at swimming this summer. They took classes at an outdoor private pool that I grew up at. It was very nostalgic and had me longing for the money to afford the luxury of a membership. Hopefully next summer or the summer after next we can afford it. This particular pool has a 5 year waiting list!

We ended our summer family time with free movies in the park thanks to the city of Burien. Unfortunately Riley isn't in any of the pictures. She met a new friend and wanted to sit with them.

As school starts I am very excited to just be home with Hannah. This is the first time I have ever been a full time stay at home mother with a baby. I feel like I have really been able to just soak her in and enjoy her more than I was able to with my older children and I am taking full advantage of that. I am also looking forward to a cleaner house that isn't destroyed behind me as I clean!

Along with school comes fall. I love when summer slowly changes to fall and we cozy into the couch with blankets and read books and light candles. Maybe this fall I will get more knitting in.

I still have not come up with a new name for the blog. Some ideas are...
The Ginger Brown House
The Browns around Town
A house full of Gingers

As you can see we aren't very creative.

No comments: