Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Knitting Knitting Knitting

I am finally getting my knitting mojo back. Having holiday bazaars and baby gifts to knit is very helpful. I have a friend who is expecting twins. She had sent me a picture of some newborn elf looking hats and was wondering if it was something I would be able to make. The photograph was crochet but I did find a comparable knitting pattern. They turned out so incredibly cute! I wish I would have thought to knit one of these for Hannah when she was a newborn.



There were also pants that she had found pictures of online here. Thankfully there was a free pattern on Ravelry (found here) that was for the most part exactly the same I just needed to stitch the eyes differently and my pants didn't have as many stripes on the legs.



The sock monkey pants were knit exactly the same I just had to leave off double stitching the teeth on and made the eyes per the example.

I have already cast on a pair for Hannah to keep for herself.

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Those monkey pants are soooo cute!

Have a lovely day!

Chasing bugs to the Max said...

Hooray for new blog posts!!!

Angie said...

I'm lovin' those monster pants. I really wanted a pair for Xave but never had the time or talent. Your work is awesome!