Monday, January 30, 2012

More Knitting

With Hannah being so mobile I am finally able to get more done around the house and more knitting done as well. My goal is to finish projects that have been sitting for too long.

I finished Madder Ribbed Socks by Nancy Bush found in Knitting Vintage Socks. The yarn is Malabrigo Sock (one of my absolute favorite sock yarns) in the Lettuce colorway. I love this book. This is the second pair of socks I have finished from this book and they won't be the last. I have another half finished pair to finish and hopefully post soon.



Last week I finished Noro Stripey Socks. This is my first time using Noro sock and I was worried about the yarn feeling scratchy while I wore it but indeed it is not as people have told me. These socks are incredibly warm and comfortable. Perfect for winter.



Also after making such cute pants for a friend's twins who are due soon I had to make a pair for Hannah. I have so much wool lying around that was intended for soakers I figured I should use some up. These are quite big for her. I used a larger needle size because I wanted to make sure she would be able to wear them for a long time and I think these will fit her petite frame until she is three!



More to come! I still have a pair of socks that I know of that are halfway finished as well as two sweaters and one that I need to add a hood and a button placket.

No comments: